Thank you to our alumni and friends who have reached out during this uncertain and concerning time. The College of Fine and Applied Arts remains steadfast in our commitment to our students, faculty, staff, and community. Education and research in planning, design, and the arts are unique; however, our faculty and staff have maximized their creativity to develop new methods for continuing instruction for our students. We are still embracing our artistic endeavors and finding new solutions to sharing our work and engaging with each other and our communities.
Our college and our units are continuing to support our community and address the many changes that we are facing. Beyond transitioning to hybrid and remote learning:
- Krannert Art Museum created Zoom backgrounds
- The School of Architecture explored ways to utilize 3D printers to fabricate PPE
- Krannert Center for the Performing Arts featured virtual performances
- Theatre created a virtual BFA Acting Showcase for graduates
- The Department of Dance encouraged students to create #distancedances
- The School of Music provided students with electronic keyboards to practice on at home
- Art and Design offered a virtual experience for the BFA and MFA Exhibitions
To stay updated on our campus’s efforts, we encourage you to visit covid19.Illinois.edu.
Many of you have asked how you can provide assistance. Here are a few ways you can help:
- Provide virtual internships or opportunities for our students,
- Offer to teach a virtual class or lecture in your discipline,
- Make a gift to the college’s annual fund to support our students, faculty, and programs.
We greatly appreciate your concern and interest in our college. If you would like to learn more, please contact the Office of Advancement at firstname.lastname@example.org.