The mission is carried out through:
- A commitment to quality education and teaching excellence;
- The creation of visual art objects, music compositions and performances, theatrical productions, dance choreography and repertory, and cross-disciplinary performances;
- The design of sustainable architecture, landscapes, and plans that nurture communities and adhere to the highest professional standards;
- The pursuit and dissemination of knowledge through scholarship, research, application, and service; and
- The determination to balance the preservation of our artistic legacies with the desire for innovation within our artistic practices.
The college is an international leader for research and practice in the arts with an emphasis on professional excellence, diversity, innovation, and preservation.