The award carries a one-time prize of $2,000. There are two options for payment of the prize:
1. A payment of $2,000 through the award payment system in university payroll to the awardee.
2. A $2,000 commitment made to a unit account for the awardee’s discretionary use for professional development, travel, supplies, equipment, etc. Equipment purchased with these funds is considered university property and when acquired for an individual’s use remains university-owned property after the individual leaves their position. See the guidelines on equipment management from the Office of Business and Financial Services for more information.
Any academic professional staff member who has been employed in the College of Fine and Applied Arts for at least two full years and who has not been issued a notice of nonreappointment can be considered for an award. A staff member may not receive this award more than once in any five-year period.
Note: Members of the College of Fine and Applied Arts Executive Committee are not eligible for nomination during their period of service to the committee.
Nomination & Evaluation Process
- Sustained excellence in service to the unit, college, campus, or university
- High impact on the unit, college, campus, or university
- Innovative contributions to improve the unit, college, campus, or university
Nominations must include the following:
- A detailed one-page narrative addressing the evaluation criteria above and describing the nominee’s accomplishments and particular contributions to the unit, college, campus, or university
- A current résumé of the nominee of not more than three pages
Any staff member in FAA may nominate candidates for this award. Each nominator should check with their unit office to obtain the deadline for receipt of nominations in the unit office. The executive officer and advisory committee of each unit will review the nominations submitted and will choose no more than two candidates to be forwarded for consideration by the Executive Committee.
Nominations must be submitted by the unit executive officer to the FAA Dean’s Office to be prepared for circulation to the Executive Committee. The Executive Committee will choose the recipient of the award. Every effort will be made to give equal consideration to nominees from the various units.
The deadline for nominations is March 25.