Graduates of this program will:
- Be prepared for a future in a sustainable world where ideas from many disciplines will be necessary to solve complex problems.
- Have a deep level of understanding of the fundamentals of sustainability and their functional links to the built environment.
- Have a strong understanding of design thinking and practice.
- Be skilled in applying basic principles of visual and material communication, including sketching, drafting, model making, 2D and 3D design software, and geographic information systems.
- Be able to combine design theory and practice with sustainability principles to address environmental issues.
- Be savvy at working on multidisciplinary teams.
- Be well prepared for working in sustainability or pursuing more specialized graduate study.